Chicken Cordon Bleu Healthy Style
We’ve been tackling our box filled living room every night this week. You’ll be relieved to know that the first thing I got in order after the kitchen was my closet. A girl has her priorities. The Boyfriend gave me the bigger closet and I may or may not have filled it already… oops. Does that mean I can’t buy new clothes or shoes? Yeah right! I will find a place. Haha.
- 2 triangles of Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese
- 2 Chicken Breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1 Egg
- Thinly Cut Ham
- Cooking Spray
- Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the egg and set aside.
- Pour bread crumbs on a plate or in a bowl for dipping later. Set aside.
- If you’re like my deli you get two ginormous chicken breasts. Since I didn’t have the meat hammer thing I improvised and cut the breasts in half and then cut a slit in the middle of each half to stuff in my cheese and ham.
- Apply half a triangle of cheese to each of the four halves of chicken in the slit you created. Or for those of you that aren’t living in a sea of boxes you can use the meat hammer thing and pound them thinner and add the cheese that way.
- Lay a slice (or pieces) of ham on top of the cheese.
- If you have a meat hammer you will need toothpicks to hold your rolled up thin chicken breast together. If you’re me you hope everything stays in the slit in the middle you created.
- Dip chicken in the beaten egg.
- Roll in the breadcrumbs until coated.
- Place in a greased baking dish and place in the oven for about 45 minutes (depends on your oven).
- Take out of oven, let it cool and serve!