Not Your Regular Pizza Rolls…
We over here at Cubicle Chronicles enjoy pizza, a lot. So when we find recipes with different and new ways to cook pizza type dishes jump on it. I believe I saw a variation of this recipe over at Danica’s Daily, but I may be wrong. But even if I am wrong, check out some of her recipes they are great!
- 1 Package of Egg Roll Wrappers – I used the large ones
- 2 Sausage links or ground sausage – I used Italian sausage (you could use any meat or omit meat if you wanted)
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Other mix in’s to your taste – I used olives and mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook sausage till done.
- Place egg roll wrapper on a flat surface and spread pizza sauce in the middle.
- Place toppings on top. Careful not to put too much or it will make it hard to roll them.
- Use a little bit of water to get the edges wet then wrap it up like a burrito.
- Place the rolled ones on a cookie sheet that has foil sprayed with cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- Spray rolls with cooking spray. I use Pam Canola oil spray.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes or until they have turned brown.
- Let them cool.
- Eat and enjoy!
These were easy and so versatile. You could put anything in them. I thought of a BBQ pizza one I want to try next time. Or a pesto chicken one. The possibilities are endless.
Question of the Day:
Do you like pizza? What are your favorite toppings?