Free Jeans and BBQ Pork
I was given the opportunity to get a pair of free jeans from Old Navy from Crowdtap to review them. When I returned from my work-cation I decided to go pick them up. I was pretty disappointed.
I tried on a million pairs of jeans and the fits and lengths were all off. No joke I think I may have tried on every pair in the store. There was extra jean where it wasn’t supposed to be and the long wasn’t really long at all. Sad faced me nabbed a pair of boot cuts I figured may work for jean days at work. They weren’t perfect but I guess they will do.
Something that did make the jean adventure better was a delicious skillet BBQ pork chop. It was SO good. The Boyfriend went back for seconds. I served mine with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli and brussel sprouts. Mmmmm good. This will be cooked again I’m sure of it. The Boyfriend might beg on his hands and knees for it again. I had to take the pan away from him as he practically licked it clean. I kid, I kid.
Pan BBQed Pork Chops
- 3/ 4 cup BBQ Sauce (I bought mine from the store)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 table spoon salt
- Mix paprika, brown sugar, cumin, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Mix BBQ sauce, cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of mixture from step one in a bowl.
- Lightly coat your skillet with olive oil (or PAM) and warm it up.
- Coat pork chops with the spice rub from step one on both sides.
- Brown pork chops on each side.
- Brush pork chops with BBQ sauce mixture and cook on each side till caramelized.
- Take out and serve with the left over BBQ sauce mixture.
I served mine with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli and brussel sprouts. Delicious.As you can tell from the difference in appearance of plates The Boyfriend is not a huge fan of veggies. I’m slowly chipping away at him (he’s stubborn and picky). By this time next year I’ll have him gnawing raw broccoli as he walks around the house.
Question of the Day:
What are your favorite pair of jeans and where are they from?