A little bit of this, a little bit of that
Since it’s Tuesday and this week is starting off painfully slow and last night I tossed together whatever I could find in the fridge for dinner I’m going to share a recipe I made last week and a new to me product I’ve grown to love in just a few short days.
I’m a very indecisive person when it comes to certain things. And I can be known to be a little picky when it comes to certain things. Yogurt is one of those things. In my unhealthier days I wouldn’t go near yogurt because I HATED the texture. If I’m being honest, it creeped me out. To this day I can’t eat cottage cheese because of this texture weirdness I speak of.
Since I’m a forgiving person a few years ago I gave yogurt another chance. Specifically I gave greek yogurt another chance. From that time I’ve tried a bunch of different brands and have found my go to brand; Fage 0% Plain. I love the taste and consistency but I hate the price. That shiz is not cheap. So I tend to stock up on the ginormous sized ones at Costco when I get the chance.
Since I don’t go to Costco THAT often because I’m not feeding an army I sometimes run out and am forced to either spend $2 a pop for one small container or try another flavor. I’ve had my ups and downs with trying other brands. Some have made me want to vomit and others were good substitutes. I don’t know why but I had never tried the Trader Joe’s Organic Greek Yogurt. I did this week. Can I tell you I think I’m in love. Trader Joe’s always does this to me. They make me fall in love with them all over again.
I’ve tried the plain, vanilla and honey flavors. All of which taste GREAT and have a good consistency. Now I don’t fear those desperate times I’ve run out of my beloved Fage. I can breath a sigh of relief now. Pheww.
Without further rambling about yogurt and such here is a delish recipe I made this past Friday. Yum.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella (sliced or shredded)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (use your favorite)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl big enough to dip your chicken breasts in. My mixture had no problem sticking to the breast without any oil or butter to coat it first.
- Dip chicken breasts in the mixture and place on a non-stick cookie sheet. You can also spray with cooking spray, but I didn’t.
- Place in oven for about 20 minutes. Flip chicken breast(s) over for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove your chicken from over and spoon on marinara sauce (more if you’re feeling saucy). Then sprinkle shredded mozzarella or place sliced mozzarella on top.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
I served mine with a little whole wheat pasta and loads of veggies. Definitely a must try for anyone that likes simple, few ingredient and healthier alternatives to favorite recipes.
I’m off to finish up some work before I get out of here and go on a run and bust out some 80’s style 8 minute abs and legs. Be jealous their one piece spandex outfits are so HOT. 😉
Question of the Day
Is there one product you can’t get through a day without? Is there a product you just can’t find a suitable substitute for?