The Big Reveal
So guess who told me I could reveal their identity. The Boyfriend! He’s probably lurking on this right now. The other day he was
spying reading and blurted out I don’t care if you put me on the blog. I think he was slightly jealous that Anna had some pictures of Robert. He wanted to have his face plastered all over the blog and internet too. Haha.
So here he is! Meet Darren, my boyfriend. He’s also my taste tester. Good news is I haven’t killed him yet with any disastrous recipes. He doesn’t eat the vegetables or fruits I make unless they are asparagus, peas, spinach or apples. That’s pretty much the extent of his fruits and veggies palate. He tried broccoli once and said it was all right but hasn’t touched it since.
Some facts about him:
- He was born in Ireland
- Very picky about beer, food, coffee and just about everything – I joke that he’s a snob
- Die hard Giants fan. (YUCK!)
- He’s really good at Jeopardy
- He hates Apple products but owns an iPhone
- Sometimes he dresses like a gorilla at Coachella
He will eat what I put in front of him but definitely prefers more ‘manly’ food. He enjoys beans on toast which is apparently good bachelor chow. It’s basically a can of baked beans that he heats up and puts on top of toast. Weird, I know. I must be a good influence though because now at lunch when the ‘boys’ go out for burgers he orders salad on the side instead of fries. BAM!
What better post to introduce him in then after a night he was nice enough to pick me up my new favorite cereal. He probably wanted to get away from my craziness as I nearly wanted to cry when I saw there was no more. He also picked me up a surprise. Cue the awwws.
Since he wasn’t home for dinner last night I decided to make a dish I know he doesn’t like. I have no idea why he doesn’t like it considering it has two things he loves; pesto and chicken. He has some vendetta against cous cous. Weird!
- 2 packets of Knorr pesto
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 box pearl sized cous cous
- Boil chicken till it is cooked through. Cut into smaller bite size pieces and set aside.
- Cook cous cous to package instructions.
- Cook pesto to directions (I didn’t use any oil and mine came out just fine).
- Mix it all together in a pot.
- Eat and enjoy!