Since I’ve been MIA the past few days I’m going to do something quick for all of you while I write up my more interesting and fun recap of my Labor Day weekend.
But for now, Emily at Glitz Glam Granola tagged us in the Blissful Blogger Award. This means I get to share 7 facts that you don’t know about me. I’m always pretty bad at things like this because I never can decide what others might find interesting about me. So here goes nothing.
1. My hair is naturally REALLY curly. Like it’s out of control style curly. Funny thing is I had straight hair growing up and it got progressively curlier as I got older. I hardly ever wear it curly since it gets really frizzy unless I overload it with product. My straightener was one of my best purchases it’s like my 2nd boyfriend. I can’t even find a picture that’s how rare it is for my hair to be curly.
2. I’m terrified of spiders. I seriously can’t be in the same room as them. If I notice one in a room I’m in I a) stare at it so I know where it’s located at all times or b) have Darren or whoever else is near me kill it. I may or may not freak out a little bit. It’s not pretty. I can’t even post a picture because then I wouldn’t want to look at this.
3. I have silly toys on my desk. I think I got this from my mom who is notorious for having silly toys and nick knacks in her office. I have these talking Madagascar characters on my desk. I got my first on a Vegas trip with co-workers a few years ago. I decided a happy meal was a good idea (after a few adult beverages) and was so EXCITED I got a talking zebra. So excited I didn’t even eat any of my happy meal. I simply played with my toy. This led to people getting me two of the other characters. They still sit on my desk today. Not to mention I have this cute duck couple sitting at home that quack.
4. I’m a sorority girl. I was a collegiate member of a sorority for all four years of college and I have to say it was hands down one of the best decisions I made in college. My experience was unique in that my sorority was a local (only 1 other chapter in existence) and became a national towards the end of my time at college. I was one of the founding members of my chapter. I’m a member of Alpha Delta Pi and try to stay as actively involved as I can with the local alumnae networks (although I’ve been horrible as of late). I held many officer positions, learned a lot about myself and made friends I’m sure to have for a lifetime.
5. I got accepted to college as a Fine Arts Major. I wanted to be a National Geographic Photographer for as long as I can remember. I got to college and realized that dream wasn’t all too realistic because I’m not THAT great of a photographer. I later changed to a Communications major after testing out many different paths. It’s pretty much a miracle I graduated in 4 years. Go me!
6. I LOVED being a summer camp counselor. It was by far the best job I EVER had. I spent 3 of the best summers of my life in the Northern Minnesota woods at Camp Kamaji. It was a hard job, but I loved (almost) every minute of it. I laughed and I cried but I would not change a single moment of it. I made friends (who I still keep in contact with) from all over the world and learned a lot about myself in those summers. Nearly 3 years since my last summer at Kamaji I still find myself reminiscing and wishing I could go back and spend another summer on the beautiful lake with amazing people.
7. I want to join the Peace Corps. I’ve wanted to do this for many years now and have attended a few informational sessions, etc. I even have my entire application filled out, minus the recommendations. I don’t really know what’s holding me back but I haven’t hit submit for the past 2 years. I think it scares me to think about 27 months away from everyone I know and the creature comforts of home. I can make impulsive decisions so I bet one day I’ll hit submit and not think twice until I start freaking out.
I’m horrible at knowing who has completed these or not so here are a few people I frequent that may or may not have done this. Tag you’re it!
So for now I’ll leave you with those interesting or not so interesting facts about me. Be on the lookout later tonight or tomorrow for my weekend recaps. I’m sure Anna will show up sooner rather than later as well. We’ve been busy bees over here at Cubicle Chronicles.