Gnocchi for the WIN!
Darren LOVES gnocchi and I think it’s pretty tasty so every once in a while I try to make it. Usually it’s a pretty boring pasta sauce or pesto and those little gnocchi bites. I decided to mix it up and try something new and man was it good. It was so full of flavor and smelled divine!
- 1 package gnocchi (I used spinach, tomato, regular mixture)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (separated)
- 1/4 cup of the water you cooked the gnocchi in
- 3 sausage links (I used chicken garlic, Parmesan ones from Trader Joe’s) – I chopped it up into bite size pieces.
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Lots of baby spinach ( I did 3 or 4 big handfuls)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook gnocchi to package instructions.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the water the gnocchi was cooked in. Drain remainder of water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add sausage and garlic. Saute until cooked.
- Add in baby spinach and toss around until the spinach is wilted.
- Add cooked and drained gnocchi. Top with Parmesan cheese, tablespoon of olive oil and the gnocchi water.
- Mix it all up and enjoy the great smells!
This was so quick and easy and tasted fantastic!!! Try it! Try it!