Pumpkin Surprise Bread
If it wasn’t evident from this post then I don’t know how to make it clearer. I really enjoy fall and pumpkin time. So to officially kick off the season I decided Pumpkin bread was in order. I’m usually really lazy and buy the boxed stuff but this time I decided to embrace my inner baker and used this recipe as a base.
Long ago in one of the summers I spent as a camp counselor I was introduced to pumpkin bread, but not just any pumpkin bread. This bread was magic. It had magic, delicious, little bits of surprise. It had chocolate chips! So instead of using pepitas like Skinny Taste I used my magic surprise to add a little something extra to this bread.
If you’ve never done this, you must. You will thank me later, I promise. Something about pumpkin and chocolate being friends in this recipe makes this my favorite fall treat. If you’re lucky like me, the other people in your house wont like pumpkin so you will get it all to yourself. I might share with others.
Pumpkin Surprise Bread
Adapted from Skinny Taste
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of egg beaters
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix oil, eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla. Mix until all items are fully combined. Mixture will be thick.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into bread pan or baking dish (I used a baking dish) that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. My oven tends to cook much faster than others I have used. So your time may be closer to an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Let it cool and then cut and serve.
I’m guilty of having a little of this with my slice.
If you haven’t tried this stuff go get some RIGHT now. At the Blogger Meetup last month I got a coupon for a free Straus Family Creamery item and this was my choice. Best decision EVER. It’s literally the creamiest and tastiest ice cream I’ve had in such a long time. What I love is its rich so I only need a tiny bit to satisfy my craving. I will definitely be buying this again.
Disclaimer: I received a coupon for a free item from a third party. I was not asked or compensated by Straus Family Creamery for this review.