So, after hearing about doughballs over and over at Foodbuzz, I decided to take a crack at it.
I don’t bake. But my in-laws were in town and I figured we needed a treat before heading over to Cirque du Soleil (super good, by the way).
Chocolate Chip Doughballs
(slightly modified from The Chic Life)
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 stick butter, softened/room-temp
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I added a few more for good measure)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare baking sheets (I use a silpat, but parchment paper will work too).
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, mix sugars and butter till creamy. I did this by hand. Add egg and vanilla and mix till combined.
- Slowly add dry mix into the wet mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Make 15 balls from your mix. Place on cookie sheet and refrigerate for 25 minutes (crucial).
- Bake balls for 13 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Eat