Category Archives: Recipes
This recipe was so good. I thought it was going to be boring with no flavor but man was I wrong. Darren practically begged me to take the leftovers to work the next day. He in turn forgot them in the fridge when he left for work so I helped myself to them when I was working from home the next day. Ooops. Sorry.
Braised Chicken and Gnocchi
Adapted From: Real Simple
- 6 Chicken Legs
- 1 Packet of Potato Gnocchi (about a pound)
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon paprika (I sprinkled a little extra)
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Heat oven to 400 F
- Make sure your chicken is dry and pat with paper towel if necessary.
- Season with paprika, salt and pepper as desired while heating the olive oil in a skillet.
- Put chicken in the skillet and cook for about 4-6 minutes on each side or until skin is crisp.
- Place chicken in a baking dish. I used a 9 x 13 pan.
- Add the broth, and place in oven to cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add the gnocchi and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until gnocchi is completed.
- Plate and enjoy!
This was perfect with little to no prep and left me time to do other things while it was cooking. I’m all about multi-tasking especially during the work week. Working for 7.5 hours a day, working out, and all that goes into a day doesn’t leave much time to do a super intricate dinner so this was a nice (and delicious) compromise. It tasted great but was so easy to make.