I’m one 1/2 of this blogging duo. Anna and I are a pair of co-workers that work in a cubicle together day in and day out. We both like to lead healthy, active and adventurous lifestyles. For those of you that work full time you know how difficult it can be to be healthy when you are sitting at a desk all day.We try to have fun, eat well, be active and enjoy life. We occasionally do lunch time fro yo runs and always find time for Target. This blog follows us on our journey of life inside and outside our cubicle. Now for a little bit more about me…
I’m a born and breed California girl who enjoys living life to the fullest. I enjoy the sun just as much as the rain. I love being outdoors and exploring. I tend to laugh and poke fun at just about anything; including myself. I’m 26 year old that lives in a fantastic city, San Francisco, with my boyfriend Darren. He’s a picky eater and likes baseball, beer, soccer and of course me.
I haven’t always had the healthiest lifestyle and decided to change that all a few years ago after I graduated college. I started by cutting out things I knew were terrible for me (soda, fast food, etc.). I also started cutting back on things I know I could never completely cut out (i.e. fro yo and chocolate). I had a short stint in Weight Watchers with a friend that taught me a lot about portion control and indulging every once in a while. The weekly meetings were just not my cup of tea. Since them I’ve been active in keeping up healthy eating habits and getting plenty of exercise. About two years ago I took the plunge and joined a new gym after a very long absence from one. I LOVE it.
I found a new love for healthy living. I take gym classes (total body sculpting, and boot camp) and have recently started running. I try to be active each and every day whether that be going for a walk after work, busting out a great gym session, doing a video in the comfort of my living room or taking one of my favorite classes. But if I’m being completely honest there are definitely those days I simply don’t want to do much of anything. And you know what, that’s OK with me. Rest never hurt anyone, right? I also have found a love for cooking. I rarely eat out anymore because I love knowing exactly what’s in what I eat, how it was prepared, etc. You can find me trying new recipes and creating my own concoctions almost any day of the week. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t. Be prepared to see a lot of my cooking endeavors posted on Cubicle Chronicles.
Blogs have recently become a huge part of my day and they have shown me that I’m not alone in this quest of a healthy lifestyle and there are lots of people living with the same struggles everyday. It’s OK not to be perfect and it’s OK to indulge here and there. I’ve learned a lot from other bloggers and wanted to share a little in return. There are so many others out there like me; people who work full-time and have to juggle trying to remain healthy with limited hours in their day. I want to share how I find a balance each day and hopefully inspire some balance in the lives of our readers. Thanks for reading our blog and following me on my road to health one day in a cubicle at a time.
Some Facts About Me:
- I LOVE to travel and hope to add many more states, countries, islands and continents to my ‘been there done that’ list.
- I get bored very easily with things, especially home decor. I literally want to change my bedding at least every 1-3 months.
- I want a puppy SO bad! Too bad my current apartment doesn’t allow them or you’d find 1000’s of pictures daily of him. I already have a name picked out and everything.
- I like wine. It tastes good. And it doesn’t hurt that I live about 30 minutes from 100’s of wineries.
- I’m VERY indecisive. It’s so bad that I sometimes just flip a coin to decide. iPhone has a coin flipping app and it’s my BFF.
- I like to buy an item of clothing in every color they have if I really like it. It’s not a bad thing that I have 6 of the exact same shirt just different colors. I call it a genius idea. My bank account might not agree though.
- I love hosting parties, get togethers and the likes. I love planning them, entertaining and all that comes with it (the wine DUH). I’m a social person and love being around people. Come hang with me – we’ll have fun I promise.
- I was in a sorority and it was by far one of the best decisions I made in college.
- I worked as a camp counselor for 3 summers and they seriously were 3 of the best summers of my life. I kind of wish I didn’t have to grow up and get an adult job so I could spend all my summers in the Minnesota woods.
- I really want to pack up, take all the money I have and travel all over the world. I’ve got a savings account set up to start saving for it.